Teachers & Groups
Whether you are interested in a self-guided group visit or a structured school field trip, we will want to make your trip as exciting and productive as possible.
Please explore the many options we offer below, and if you still have questions, contact our Group Services Coordinator at 410-326-2042 ext. 41 or email. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The museum is handicap accessible with the exception of the Drum Point Lighthouse.
There are no provisions for groups to eat inside the museum. Covered picnic tables are available outside. There are a number of affordable dining options in the area. For information, go to our Visitor Information page.
Fossil Fuel Fund
To demonstrate our commitment to continue bringing students to the museum, CMM has established the Fossil Fuel Fund. The Fund provides field trip assistance to regional schools to help alleviate the cost of bus transportation to and from the museum.
The Fossil Fuel Fund is supported through a grant from Washington Gas, which has made a lasting impact on the communities in which they serve through direct contributions, in-kind support, and volunteer resources. This partnership is another way that they serve the community.
Eligibility Requirements and FAQs
- Schools must be located at least 25 miles from the museum.
- Counties include Prince George's, Montgomery, Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's in Maryland and in Virginia the City of Alexandria, City of Fairfax, City of Falls Church and the counties of Clark, Fairfax, Prince William, Shenandoah and Warren.
- Awards are disbursed on a first come, first served basis and will provide up to $250 toward the cost of bus transportation.
- Schools may apply for up to two awards per year.
- If applying for the Fossil Fuel Fund, you must first make a field trip reservation.
- Return Fossil Fuel Application with your program registration form.
For more information, call (410) 326-2042 ext. 41.