Book a Birthday Party
Our birthday parties accommodate a maximum of 15 children and10 adults. This is for children ages 4 and up. The $250 fee includes:
- Admission to the museum
- Your choice of theme (listed below)
- Reserved space for your party for two hours (Corbin Pavilion: May – October; Harms Gallery: November – April). You may arrive up to 30 minutes early for party set up and have 30 minutes for clean up after the party ends
- Museum T-shirt for the birthday girl or boy
- Goodie bags are available at $5 per child and must be requested as part of the party package. Payment is due at the time of ordering. Goodie bag items may include: CMM pencil, magnifying box, itty bitty critter and a sticky starfish. The museum store reserves the right to change items in goodie bags as necessary; no refunds once ordered
- A party plan with instructions for activities and crafts
- Craft materials for up to 15 children
To schedule a birthday party
Group and Visitor Services Coordinator
(410) 326-2042, ext. 8083
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Outrageous Otters:Stop off at the otter habitat and visit with our delightful river otters. Afterwards, explore the salt marsh and look for some amazing marsh animals. Make an "otterly" unique craft, and complete the otter obstacle course!
Junior Paleontologist:Calling all fossil hunters! Explore our fossil hall and learn about the deadly world of the giant Megalodon! Dig in a fossil matrix like a real paleontologist, and create a fossil shark tooth necklace. Play Feed the Shark bean bag game, and join in a feeding frenzy playing “Sharks and Minnows”.
Skipjacks, Schooners, and Sloops:This party is all about building. Design a one of a kind toy boat that really floats! Sailors will get to use hammers, nails, glue, fabric and other tools to create a toy boat to take home. Spend an hour designing, building and decorating a toy boat and use the remaining time for a birthday celebration!